|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with clinical experience of music therapy. Placements will be under the guidance of a registered music therapist. The placement will include an orientation to the facility, observation of clients and responses to music therapy interventions, and implementation of basic program design and evaluation. Tutorials will focus on professional development, and experiential group learning.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- apply developing observation and reflection skills;
- identify music therapy skills appropriate to specific client populations;
- identify appropriate ethical standards of practice;
- access research literature using IT resources and print journals;
- articulate the role of a music therapist within the multidisciplinary team.
On completion of this subject, students should have developed:
- Observation skills for human interaction;
- Early analytical skills for interpreting human interaction;
- Skills for reviewing literature and applying theory to practice.
Last updated: 29 October 2019