|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with clinical experience of music therapy. Placements will be under the guidance of a registered music therapist. The placement will include a graded introduction to the assessment of client needs, the development of program plans and the provision of music therapy interventions. Students will have both observational and participatory experiences of working with clients and evaluating and measuring benefit from the intervention. Tutorials will focus on professional development, and experiential group learning.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- apply developing verbal and musical facilitation skills;
- adapt learned music therapy skills to a client population;
- identify and apply appropriate ethical standards of practice;
- access research literature using IT resources and print journals;
- work as an informed team-member within the multidisciplinary team.
On completion of this subject, students should have:
- Refined their observation skills for human interaction;
- Developed analytical skills for interpreting human interaction;
- Developed skills for reviewing literature and applying theory to practice.
Last updated: 29 October 2019