|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with clinical experience of music therapy. Placements will be under the guidance of a registered music therapist. The placement will include a graded introduction to the assessment of client needs, the development of program plans and the provision of music therapy interventions. Students will participate in the provision of music therapy interventions, taking responsibility for sessions where appropriate, and evaluating and measuring benefit of the intervention. Tutorials will focus on professional development, and experiential group learning.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subject students should be able to:
- apply competent verbal and musical facilitation skills;
- adapt learned music therapy skills to a client population;
- apply appropriate ethical standards of practice;
- compare contrasting literature using IT resources and print journals;
- work as an informed team-member within the multidisciplinary team.
On completion of this subject, students should have:
- Developed the ability to work in teams;
- Achieved a high level of ability in applying theory to practice;
- Developed skills in evaluating objective outcomes.
Last updated: 6 December 2019