|Fees||Look up fees|
Students will develop their skills as contributing members of a musical ensemble and apply their performance skills as ensemble players.
Instrumental and vocal students will participate in ensembles and performances as approved by the Faculty and designed in consultation with the subject coordinator.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- show technical development as ensemble musicians;
- participate with ability and self-confidence as a team member of a performing group;
- perform selected repertoire to concert standard;
- identify and exhibit specific knowledge of a range of ensemble repertoire; and
- exhibit an informed respect for the values and principles of ensemble performance.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills in cooperation, communication and negotiation that allow for effective working in teams;
- demonstrate the capacity for critical and independent thought and reflection;
- demonstrate skills in evaluative thinking, and in the application of theoretical criteria to practical outcomes;
- demonstrate analytical skills in the context of performance; and
- plan effectively to meet deadlines.
Last updated: 6 December 2019