|Fees||Look up fees|
Students will further develop a thorough musical background to cope with all stylistic demands of their instrument or voice and establish a sizeable repertoire covering all styles. Students will also further develop a thorough understanding of the applied approaches to the instrumental pedagogy of their instrument or voice.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- conceive, design and implement the creation of a more sustained practical program;
- demonstrate detailed understanding of the main schools of instrumental pedagogy relevant to their specialisation;
- perform the component works of a program with technical capability and musical insight;
- demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the history of their instrument.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the capacity for critical and independent thought and reflection;
- demonstrate skills in evaluative thinking, and in the application of theoretical criteria to practical outcomes;
- demonstrate analytical skills in the context of performance; and
- plan effectively to meet performance deadlines.
Last updated: 6 December 2019