|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students will continue to develop an advanced technical, musical and pedagogical background to cope with all stylistic demands of their instrument and voice and build on their concert repertoire covering all styles, specifically including recent Australian works. Outcomes of this study will include a performance and a seminar presentation.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- design and implement a musically coherent recital program;
- demonstrate artistic assurance in the preparation of recital repertoire;
- perform the component works of a program with musical understanding;
- convey a level of instrumental or vocal craft that communicates and enhances the repertoire presented; and
- understand the interrelationship between pedagogy and performance.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the capacity for critical and independent thought and reflection;
- demonstrate skills in evaluative thinking, and in the application of theoretical criteria to practical outcomes;
- demonstrate analytical skills in the context of performance; and
- plan effectively to meet performance deadlines.