- Three written assignments (topic proposal and annotated bibliography, preliminary literature review, and theory and methods exercise) evenly spaced throughout semester (3,000 words, 30%)
- A research proposal consisting of topic proposal, literature review, theory and methods, relevance, timeline and bibliography (5,000 words, including fully developed elements taken from the three written assignments, 40%)
- A project-related class presentation (20%)
- Engagement (10%) consisting in participation in peer assessment activities and contribution to class discussion.
- Attendance (Hurdle). A minimum of 80% attendance is required to qualify for a pass mark.