|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with an overview of how educational technologies can support student learning and assessment for 21st century learning. Emphasis is placed on the integration of educational technologies through music pedagogy in the context of instrumental music teaching. Students will have opportunities to explore, research and design practical music performance learning activities that use educational technologies to support student performance motivation and personalisation of learning. Focus will be given to the exploration of contemporary educational technologies that are research-informed and related to instrumental music teaching.
Intended learning outcomes
- Recognize key technologies and pedagogical strategies for online music performance;
- Evaluate of educational technologies that support the furtherance of student learning for instrumental or vocal music performance;
- Develop practical approaches to integrating educational technologies in instrumental or vocal music teaching scenarios;
- Apply key components of active participation in collaborative work with respect to music performance educational technologies.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills in cooperation, communication and negotiation that allow for effective working in teams;
- demonstrate the capacity for critical and independent thought and reflection; and
- demonstrate skills in applying research principles and methods to relevant areas of investigation.
Last updated: 6 December 2019