|Fees||Look up fees|
In Music Theatre Combination Class 3 the work of first semester will be focussed through the lens of genre, style and repertoire. Students will be expected to adapt the skills attained in previous classes to respond to specific styles of language, music, choreography and to period.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Understand and apply the fundaamental skills required of the actor/singer/dancer
- Exhibit the ability to employ skill sets in combination without the performance of either skill adversely affecting the other.
- Exhibit the ability to critically analyse the imperatives of context, story and character to make informed choices
- Apply their choices with autonomy and creative intelligence, integrating sound technique with a sense of play and exploration
- Gain a sense of autonomy in their artistic process by identifying personal patterns and areas of resistance or difficulty and working positively to overcome them.
- Reflect on and describe their experiences of the work.
- Offer, receive and utilise constructive critical feedback.
- Exhibit an ability to work in an ensemble with personal integrity, trust and unconditional respect for the work of others.
- ‘Read’ a work with an awareness of style and genre, whether that work be musical, textual and/or choreographic.
- Adapt their creative and technical process to the demands of genre and style.
Upon completion of this subjects students should be able to:
- Exhibit extensive practical and theoretical understanding of their discipline including acquisition of skill level, discipline, relevant professional knowledge and ethics appropriate to professional practice;
- Be critical and creative thinkers, with an aptitude for self-directed elarning
- Recognise and value their uniqueness as an artist whilst developing diversification
- Have the capacity to participate fully in collaborative learning and to confront unfamiliar problems
- Demonstrate a high level of professional conduct and incorporate respect, responsibility and support for collaboration as part of their professional practice.
- Synthesise the knowledge and skills necessary to adapt to the various requirements of genre and style in diverse range of Music Theatre practice.
Last updated: 6 December 2019