|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Dance Skills 4 continues to be delivered through jazz, tap and ballet classes and focuses on preparation for entry to the industry. Students will work on further developing stamina, technique, style and artistic interpretation and becoming increasingly aware of their personal skills development and goals as dancers. As with all year 3 subjects, a high level of preparation and autonomy is expected, with students exhibiting strong organisational skills and confident application of technical and artistic principles in self-directed work.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
• Prepare students to undertake professional music theatre dance auditions through an understanding of structure, expectation, preparation and standards.
• Develop technical and artistic skills to professional readiness.
• Develop a high level of professional conduct and respect for the ethics of professional practice.
• Develop the ability to adapt to style, genre and character in dance to a professional level.
• Develop understanding of the importance of fitness, stamina, core strength and nutritional balance for a sustained career.
On completion of the subject students will:
• Have developed enhanced skills and knowledge in approaching professional music theatre dance auditions.
• Demonstrate highly skilled ability to integrate technical and artistic approaches in dance to respond to the demands of style, genre, character and story with artistry and technique..
• Demonstrate the ability to objectively analyse their own work and self-correct using mirrors.
• Demonstrate the ability to utilise constructive feedback and direction.
• Demonstrate the ability to self-sustain through an autonomous program of self-directed study, including building fitness, core strength, stamina and nutritional balance.