|Fees||Look up fees|
Weekly tap and jazz classes form the core of Dance 5, maintaining skills, fitness and artistry whilst students are simultaneously working on performance projects. As with all year 3 subjects, a high level of preparation and autonomy is expected, with students exhibiting strong organisational skills and confident application of technical and artistic principles in self-directed work..
Intended learning outcomes
- Develop technical and artistic skills to professional readiness, including the ability to take direction.
- Develop a high level of professional conduct and respect for the ethics of professional practice.
- Develop the ability to adapt to style, genre and character in dance to a professional level.
- Develop autonomy and self-sustaining professional habits, including understanding of the importance of fitness, stamina, core strength and nutritional balance for a sustained career.
• Demonstrate the ability to integrate technical and artistic approaches in dance to respond to the demands of style, genre, character and story with artistry and technique to a professional standard.
• Demonstrate the ability to fulfil the requirements of direction.
• Demonstrate the ability to objectively analyse their own work and self-correct using mirrors and kinaesthetic awareness.
• Demonstrate the ability to self-sustain through an autonomous program of self-directed study, including building fitness, core strength, stamina and nutritional balance.
Last updated: 18 December 2020