|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Development of audition skills and practice continue in this subject though the key focus is on rehearsal and performance of the Industry Showcase, to which agents, producers, directors and other key professionals will be invited. The content of Showcase will be created and shaped according to the individual strengths and skills of the student cohort. Showcase serves as the student’s introduction to the music theatre profession. As with all year 3 subjects, a high level of preparation and autonomy is expected, with students exhibiting strong organisational skills and confident application of technical and artistic principles in self-directed work. Students who are streamed into MTCC 5B will be involved in principal or supporting roles in the performance project (repertoire or new work) and will be streamed into Performance Project B. They may also be understudies or swings.
Intended learning outcomes
• Develop skills in audition technique for song, text and dance auditions to a professional standard.
• Develop understanding of professional etiquette, presentation of self and materials for professional auditions.
• Rehearse and present Industry Showcase.
• Develop skills in collaborative work with a director, musical director, choreographer and fellow performers.
Demonstrate a practically-applied understanding of the requirements and form of auditions for professional Music Theatre.
• Develop skills in autonomously preparing audition material specific to the requirements of genre and style of a given work to a professional level.
• Develop a repertoire of prepared work (songs and monologues) autonomously for general audition purposes to a professional standard.
• Demonstrate enhanced skills in collaborative work with a director, musical director, choreographer and fellow performers.
• Rehearse and perform Showcase material to professional standard.