|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject explores the basic concepts, methods and applications of economic evaluation in the health sector (and public health in particular).
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should have:
• acquired an understanding of the rationale for economic appraisal and its role in health service planning and priority setting;
• developed an appreciation of the various techniques for economic appraisal and key issues in protocol design; and
• developed the necessary skills to undertake critical appraisal of economic evaluation studies.
Upon completion of this subject a student should obtain the following skills:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Finding, evaluating and using relevant information
- Written communication skills
- Oral communication skills
Last updated: 29 October 2019