|Fees||Look up fees|
This research project subject is worth 25 points in total taken over 1 semester. Within the Research Project students will work in an area of their choosing with an appointed supervisor. Students will have the opportunity to undertake a literature review, develop research questions and undertake the research activities required to answer their research question. Activities can include a systematic review of published and unpublished literature with or without a meta-analysis, or an analysis of an existing data set, or the development of a research protocol. Students need to discuss their research project plans with the Research Project coordinator before commencing the research project.
Intended learning outcomes
At the end of this subject, students are expected to be able to:
- Develop and execute a substantial, research-based project
- Justify the research question using available evidence,
- Summarise, analyse and interpret research findings,
- Present research findings to a non-expert audience
- Write reports suitable for use by public health practitioners or write manuscripts for publication.
Last updated: 29 October 2019