- Individual Assessment Task: One 90 minute mid semester examination (approximately 20-25 hours of work), week 8 (25%);
- Individual Assessment Task: One 180 minute examination (approximately 40-55 hours of work), exam period (45%);
- Individual Assessment Task: Ten in-lecture tests, (approximately 15-20 hours of work), due weeks 3 - 12 (20%);
- Individual Assessment Task: Attendance at and Participation in Tutorials, during semester (10%). Examples of participation in tutorials:
- Tutorial questions will be provided to students in the latter part of the week prior to following weeks’ tutorials. Students will be required to complete a written answer sheet for hand-in and discussion at each tutorial. All questions will be required to be answered;
- Students will be required to be able to discuss, individually and as part of a group, matters related to those questions and matters raised in prior weeks’ tutorials and classes.
1. Students must achieve a mark of at least 40% in each of the first three assessment tasks
2. Students must attend at least 80% of all tutorial classes