About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
May - Online
May - On Campus
|Look up fees
This unit is intended to give a brief introduction into the theoretical underpinnings of the main forms of CBT and provide a solid background in the practical applications of CBT in relation to common psychiatric disorders for which CBT is an appropriate treatment.
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the empirical foundations of CBT approaches, the theories of personality and psychopathology according to the major CBT approaches
- Have the skills to be confident in the assessment, formulation and management of common psychiatric disorders according to CBT principles
- To be able to communicate an understanding of CBT treatments compared to other therapies and assist patients in making informed treatment decisions
- To be able to critically evaluate the evidence base for CBT in relation to multiple disorders.
Last updated: 3 November 2022