|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 5|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A research topic selected in consultation with the course coordinator. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 37.5 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have produced a research thesis on a topic of their own choice;
- have demonstrated a capacity for independent research;
- have acquired the ability to mount a sustained scholarly argument;
- have gained mastery of scholarship in their chosen field; and
- have gained familiarity with appropriate methods in analysis and research.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- present material in draft form and engage productively with a supervisor;
- synthesise critical arguments and debates;
- enhance writing skills in both a critical and creative manner;
- manage time and study resources over two consecutive semesters;
- possess advanced skills of critical thinking and analysis;
- possess an ability to communicate knowledge intelligibly, economically and effectively; and
- have an understanding of social, ethical and cultural context.