|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject gives students their first engineering experience in analysing, designing and implementing a medium-scale software system. Students will work in a small team to solve a software engineering problem. Students must be able to demonstrate that they can apply sound engineering principles to the formulation and solution of their problem.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Analyse, design, implement and test a non-trivial software system
- Ability to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution
- Ability to communicate effectively, not only with engineers but also with the community at large
- Apply software engineering principles to the development of non-trivial projects.
On completion of this subject students should have developed the following generic skills:
- Ability to undertake problem, identification, formulation and solution
- Ability to utilise a systems approach to design and operational performance
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, with the capacity to be a leader or manager as well as an effective team member.