Each project team of 10 or more students is required to submit artefacts detailing their project management, analysis and design. Each team will be asked to make a number of presentations during the year that are not assessed but will be used to give feedback.
Each individual student’s mark will be made up of the following components:
- A team mark (70%) based on the performance assessed for each of the sprints during the year (4x15%) and team presentations (10%).
- An individual mark (30%) based on the students’ individual contributions to the team submission (20%) and individual submissions for professional development (10%). There is a 50% hurdle on the individual component (to pass the subject at least 15 out of the 30 will be required for the individual component).
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are assessed based on the contributions to project throughout the year.
- Four team submissions using software tools during the year (15% each, 50 hours each per student, for a total of 200 hours). (Of the 80%, 60% will be assessed on team contribution, 20% on individual contribution). Due at the end of Semester 1, and at the end of weeks 4, 8, and 12 of Semester 2 or as modified by the coordinator (80%).
- Two team presentations (25 hours per student). Due at the end of Semesters 1 and 2 (10%)
- Individual submissions for professional development (25 hours). Spaced throughout the year. (10%)
Hurdle: To pass this subject, students must obtain at least 15 out of the 30 in their individual component and obtain at least 50% overall.