|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 6|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Discipline Skills B (Sound Design) is further develops the skills and materials introduced in Discipline Skills A (Sound Design). On completion of this subject students should have demonstrated skills in generating and designing a multi-media performance using computer based hardware and purpose designed software. This will be shown through an effective performance, an insightful and relevant sound design representing the inspiration of the performance, and clear documentation of the creative process and its implementation of the sound design.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subject students will be able to:
• communicate and document in appropriate forms a detailed sound design for one or more specified performance projects;
• demonstrate computer design and control skills;
• work collaboratively with other creative team members on the development of design concepts;
• demonstrate the ability to develop concepts through a specific design process.
On completing this subject students will have developed the following skills:
- the ability to create and organise aesthetic material;
- the ability to solve problems;
- the ability to interpret and analyse;
- the capacity for critical thinking;
- the ability to synthesize data and other information;
- capacity in creative leadership
- the ability and a commitment to collaborating ethically and openly with others.