|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 7|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This is a subject for the practicum component of the Master of Veterinary Science (Clinical). For most students, the practicum will consist primarily of case studies in the Veterinary Hospital. Students will be provided with advanced clinical training in diagnostic, therapeutic, and technical skills associated with veterinary clinical sciences.
Students enrolled in this subject will be enrolled in the MVSc (Clinical) on a full-time basis.
Intended learning outcomes
Students enrolled in this subject will:
- achieve a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding in a particular field or set of related fields in veterinary science;
- apply scientific methods to the definition and solution of problems by research; and
- acquire advanced technical skills relevant to the field of research.
Generic skills demonstrated in this subject are:
- approaching scientific research in a critical, perceptive and constructive way;
- developing interpersonal skills to work as part of a team;
- observing the appropriate research codes of practice;
- acquiring skills in the searching and manipulation of scientific literature and other relevant data bases;
- communicating effectively through both the spoken and written medium and to both professional colleagues and the wider community.