You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
- 3 intra-semester tests (each up to 50 minutes) due in Weeks 4, 8 and 12 of Semester 2, equally weighted (25% of total subject assessment)
- A 2-hour written examination held in the Semester 2 examination period (60%)
- Students must produce a 1000-word research report on one property that they visit, demonstrating their understanding and research as to how the enterprise operates, integrating concepts taught in the subject, due in Week 10 of Semester 2 (15%)
- Students are required to pass the subject on aggregate mark.
- Students must complete two weeks of approved industry-based placements in Category A (extensive production industries), Category B (intensive production industries) or Category C (educational farms, welfare/small animal shelters and zoos) by the end of VETS90082 Animal Management and Veterinary Health. Approved placements may be local, regional, interstate or international.
- Students must complete a brief one-page written summary of each extramural placement they visit.
- To be eligible to pass the subject, a student must achieve a minimum mark of 40% in the written examination scheduled in the Semester 2 examination period.
- Students must attend a minimum of 90% of all practical classes, workshops and case studies in this subject.
Last updated: 2 December 2019