Graduate Certificate in ScienceInformal specialisationYear: 2020
You’re currently viewing the 2020 version of this component
Dr Russell Drysdale
The Graduate Certificate allows students who have completed an undergraduate degree to refocus or expand their body of knowledge by completing the requirement of one of the undergraduate majors (or equivalent) in the Bachelor of Science not already completed. The Graduate Certificate provides a pathway to the Master of Science Streams.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate should:
- Demonstrate an independent approach to knowledge that uses rigorous methods of inquiry and appropriate theories and methodologies that are applied with intellectual honesty and a respect for ethical values;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Act as informed and critically discriminating participants within the community of scholars, as citizens and in the work force;
- Communicate effectively;
- Commit to continuous learning;
- Be proficient in the use of appropriate modern technologies, such as the computer and other information technology systems, for the acquisition, processing and interpretation of data.
Last updated: 31 March 2021