Harness your passion for social change and build the knowledge and expertise required to foster equity and diversity in educational contexts.
Engage and drive positive change
The future of education lies in the management of equity, diversity and social change issues both in schools and within the community. This specialisation gives you the opportunity to broaden and enhance your own practice, no matter what educational or professional context you are in. You will be presented with opportunities to engage with major equity debates, developing deep understanding of key concerns in contemporary policy and practice.
Internationally recognised lecturers
We're home to a number of internationally recognised education experts, and at the cutting edge of teaching and research.
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
Intended learning outcomes
- Critically appraises policy, theory and research literature to develop understanding of the relationship between equity, inequity, diversity and social change.
- Evaluates how social, cultural, political and historical conditions influence experiences of inequity and diversity in education.
- Critically examines policies and practices of equity and diversity in local and global contexts and taking a range of settings into account, such as schools, workplaces, higher and further education, and early childhood.
- Justifies the use of theory and research to inform current debates and policies surrounding equity and diversity.
- Synthesises and evaluates the ways in which power and knowledge affect local and global issues of equity and diversity in a range of educational settings.
Last updated: 25 April 2020