Enhance your understanding of leadership and management theories and practice across the education sectors and systems. Learn how to integrate practical knowledge, conceptual frameworks and state-of-the-art research with a global perspective.
If you're seeking specialist qualifications for advancement into middle and senior positions, the Leadership and Management specialisation is for you.
Internationally recognised academics
We're home to a number of internationally recognised education experts, and at the cutting edge of teaching and research.
#1 in Australia for Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is number one in Australia for education and top six in the world.
(QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
Intended learning outcomes
- Critically analyse current issues and challenges in education leadership and management
- Adopt a national and global perspective on education leadership and management
- Demonstrate cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas, concepts and models related to leadership and management issues in educational settings
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative in tackling challenges related to educational leadership and management issues in educational settings
- Appreciate the professional responsibilities and ethical principles associated with leading educational organizations.
- Understand and apply the latest research findings in key aspects of educational leadership and management studied
- Critically evaluate and analyse advanced case studies of significant problems and issues experienced at senior levels in educational settings
Last updated: 18 December 2020