The need is greater than ever for critical, innovative and culturally-sensitive mathematics and numeracy learning.
This Master of Education specialisation will help you develop the understanding, skills and confidence to lead mathematics and numeracy learning. You will explore multidisciplinary perspectives from across the world and discover how to embed mathematics education across the curriculum.
Internationally recognised academics
With a focus on improving learning, building teacher capacity, and teaching with technology, you will learn from renowned academics leading cutting-edge educational research programs.
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
Intended learning outcomes
- Appraises, interprets and applies current theory and research regarding knowledge, skills and dispositions required for teaching mathematics.
- Critically evaluate educational policies, public debates, educational materials, cross-disciplinary applications, and school practices relating to mathematics through educational research from a multidisciplinary and global perspective.
- Evaluate the social, political, historical and technological contexts informing mathematics educational policies and practices.
- Appraises and interprets student thinking and practices relating to topics in school mathematics.
- Identifies and appraises a variety of approaches to teacher professional development for the promotion of quality mathematics teaching and learning.
Last updated: 18 December 2020