Please note that PD-ARTS Postgraduate Diploma in Arts will no longer be accepting new applications as of the 1st January 2015, the program from 2015 will be offered as GDA-ARTS Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced). Please refer to the correct handbook entry for program information for commencing students from 2015.
See program overview
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in this area of specialisation should:
- have a rounded knowledge of criminological theory regarding the nature of crime and its control;
- acquire skills in research procedures for the analysis of criminological issues, including the ability to plan and organise research;
- gain an understanding of major elements of public policy debates relating to crime and its control, especially as these impact upon various parts of the criminal justice system;
- develop an overview of the emerging alternatives posed for organising various aspects of the criminal justice system;
- receive instruction and advice, and have experience, in writing a preparatory research thesis on a criminological topic.
Last updated: 11 February 2021