|Award title||Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry|
|Year & campus||2020|
|Fees information||Subject EFTSL, level, discipline and census date|
|Study level & type||Graduate Coursework|
|Credit points||100 credit points|
|Duration||12 months full-time|
Currently this course focuses on developing your knowledge and skills in implant dentistry or oral surgery. Implant dentistry is only available part-time so international students are not eligible to apply because the international student visa requires enrolment in a full-time course. However, this course is ideal for local general dentists who wish to remain in private practice while learning. Oral surgery is available either part-time or full-time.
- An undergraduate degree in dentistry with good academic results.
- At least two years full-time, continuous clinical work experience.
- Completion of professional development courses would be well regarded.
The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Intended learning outcomes
- To provide appropriate clinical experience to enable you to further your knowledge and skills in implant dentistry.
- To develop your capacity for contemporary professional practice.
- To provide some specialist knowledge and theory.
- To give you the opportunity to sample postgraduate study and possibly inspire you towards specialist study in the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry.
031AA Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry
Last updated: 2 June 2020