About this course
Graduates can apply for membership of the Audiological Society of Australia (ASA).
Intended learning outcomes
At the end of The Master of Clinical Audiology degree students will be able to:
- Meet the core knowledge and skill competencies identified by Audiology Australia as necessary for practice as an audiologist;
- Understand and apply foundational sciences and theories that underpin and inform audiological practice;
- Choose and implement appropriate best practice methods that enable them to fully assess and manage the communication and balance needs of their patients
- Construct appropriate differential diagnoses/hypotheses, and acquire additional information to arrive at correct definitive diagnoses or solutions to clinical problems.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with their patients, professional colleagues and the general community through effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a strongly developed sense of professional and ethical responsibility for patients, colleagues and the community generally, and be aware of the moral responsibilities of professional practice
- Plan and conduct a research project with relevance to clinical audiology
- Critically evaluate the audiological literature, and to apply this knowledge into the implementation of evidence based practice.
The course provides comprehensive training in all aspects of clinical audiology along with an introduction to research methods in this field. On completion of this course the students should have:
- critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- the ability to integrate theory and practice and to apply this in novel situations
- an openness to new ideas
- planning and time management skills
- the ability to communicate their knowledge in both oral and written form
- the ability to behave in a professionally appropriate manner
Audiology is the clinical science concerned with the assessment and management of hearing loss and balance disorders. It is a multi-disciplinary profession that will be of interest to those who like working with people. The Master of Clinical Audiology is the required degree for entry into the profession and provides complete training for the clinical practice of audiology.
Last updated: 6 December 2019