About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must:
- be concurrently enrolled in a University of Melbourne undergraduate degree other than the Bachelor of Music or the Bachelor of Fine Arts. Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance and/or prior musical experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants will satisfy the University’s English language requirements for the Diploma by meeting the English language requirements for the Bachelor degree in which they are enrolled concurrently. Note:
- Students are permitted to enter the diploma at the start of any semester before the completion of the companion undergraduate program.
- Up to 50 points of advanced standing into the Diploma in Music may be granted on request to students who complete appropriate first year and second year music subjects within their companion degree. At the commencement of each individual music subject, the subject is assigned to one of the degree or the diploma, according to the student’s approved enrolment for the semester in which the subject is taken. Once the subject has been successfully completed, credit points for the subject cannot be moved between the degree and the diploma to allow additional subjects to be taken in the degree.
- The Diploma in Music cannot be awarded until all requirements of both the diploma and the undergraduate degree have been met.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 18 December 2020