About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://arts.unimelb.edu.au/graduate-studies/programs
- Contact: 'make an enquiry' on http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/21-graduate-certificate-in-arts
See each specialisation
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Arts should:
- Demonstrate an independent approach to knowledge that uses rigorous methods of inquiry and appropriate theories and methodologies that are applied with intellectual honesty and a respect for ethical values; and
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems within complex changing social contexts; and
- Act as informed and critically discriminating participants within the community of scholars, as citizens and in the work force; and
- Communicate effectively; and
- Commit to continuous learning; and
- Be proficient in the use of appropriate modern technologies, such as the computer and other information technology systems, for the acquisition, processing and interpretation of data.
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts should be able to:
- demonstrate in depth knowledge and understanding of selected areas of a specialisation or across discipline areas where no specialisation has been undertaken;
- access and appreciate national and international debates in their specialised areas of study or across discipline areas;
- qualify for further graduate study in the area of specialisation; and
- qualify for employment in a wide range of occupations.
- Provides graduates with in-depth knowledge of their specialist discipline and skills in examining issues with multiple disciplinary perspectives;
- Enhances creativity and reasoning skills;
- Facilitates application of knowledge, information and research skills to complex problems in a range of contexts;
- Leads to acquisition of effective oral and written communication skills.
- Integrates contemporary local, national and global issues into curriculum design;
- Promotes social, cultural and ideological diversity and focuses on skills necessary to their navigation;
- Embeds concepts of civic engagement and enhances leadership potential.
Integrity and self-awareness
- Promotes self-direction and organisation;
- Enhances group-work capacities;
- Promotes self-awareness;
- Embeds intellectual self-confidence.
Last updated: 24 September 2021