1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a four-year undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative discipline with a weighted average mark of at least 75% (H2A), or equivalent; and
- a personal statement outlining why they wish to be considered for the course; and
- the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), unless the applicant has met one of the approved conditions for GMAT exemption.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- the personal statement; and
- the GMAT score unless the applicant has met one of the approved conditions for GMAT exemption.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board Rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 21 May 2020