|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to give students the knowledge and skills to be able to operate as a property professional in the area of development advice and decision making in property development. It comprises:
- the development process and the major players;
- time value of money;
- the decision to build;
- property market research and analysis;
- appreciation of investment and market valuation methods;
- development appraisal including residual analysis and cash flow modelling;
- price and worth; risk, return and risk analysis.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should be able to:
- Understand the important factors influencing the decision to build and develop a property;
- Place property in the context of business organizations, property, urban planning, design, construction and quantity surveying;
- Identify a site or property suitable for a major property development;
- Complete a development appraisal for a major property development;
- Model property development cash flow;
- Apply industry standard software to the development process;
- Evaluate the viability of property development proposals.
On completion of the subject students should have developed the following skills and capabilities:
- professional/industry communication;
- team working;
- analytical and problem solving skills;
- experience of industry software applications.
Last updated: 2 December 2019