|Fees||Look up fees|
A research essay of not more than 10,000 words on a topic approved by the Head of Department. The word count includes bibliography, footnotes, appendices and the number of words which would take up space used for tables, formulae and charts.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Identify and develop a suitable and feasible topic;
- Identify the bibliographic and data sources relevant to the topic;
- Analyse the literature relevant to the topic;
- Apply appropriate actuarial and quantitative methods of analysis;
- Complete a written research report.
High level of development: oral communication; written communication; problem solving; statistical reasoning; critical thinking; synthesis of data and other information; evaluation of data and other information; use of computer software.
Last updated: 2 December 2019