|Fees||Look up fees|
A thesis of 20,000 - 22,000 words.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this subject will:
- aquire a knowledge of research techniques and skills in art history.
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- understand modern critical frameworks for the study of visual and material cultures;
- acquire skills in the analysis of objects;
- develop the ability to analyse primary historical and contemporary source material;
- gain an understanding of the critical reception of works of art;
- respond to debates relating to museums and conservation;
- prepare an original piece of research;
- develop and sustain an argument based upon that research; and
- develop a knowledge and understanding of research techniques.
Last updated: 2 December 2019