Recommended texts and other resources
- Computer Networking: A Top Down Approach Featuring the Internet, 6th edition. Jim Kurose, Keith Ross, Addison-Wesley, 2012
- Computer Networks, 5th edition. Andrew S. Tanenbaum , David J. Wetherall, Prentice Hall, 2010
- Data Networks: 2nd edition. Dimitri Bertsekas, Robert Gallager, Prentice-Hall, 1992
- Queuing Theory: Volume 1: Theory and Volume 2: Computer Applications, Leonard Kleinrock, John Wiley and Sons, 1975
- Subject notes
LEARNING AND TEACHING METHODS
The subject is delivered through lectures and workshop classes that combine both tutorial and hands-on laboratory activities.
INDICATIVE KEY LEARNING RESOURCES
Students are provided with lecture slides, tutorial worksheets and solutions, workshop notes, and reference text lists.
CAREERS / INDUSTRY LINKS
Exposure to networking standards and protocols used by industry throughout the world.
Exposure to industry standard engineering design automation tools through laboratory activities.
- Related Handbook entries
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
Additional information for this subject
Subject coordinator approval required
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 2 December 2019