|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will prepare students for undertaking clinical research within hospital, community and primary health care settings. Students will develop skills in how to design and conduct empirical research in an ethically appropriate manner. Content includes: development of a research question, study design and methodology, and ethical issues in health care research.
This subject will be conducted as a mix of face to face seminars, online tasks and intensive workshops.
Intended learning outcomes
- Illustrate a basic knowledge of the research environment
- Develop a critical approach towards medical research
- Critically evaluate the use of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Develop analytical and critical thinking skills
- Develop skills to plan and undertake a research project
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Last updated: 10 November 2019