|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject offers students the opportunity to develop skills that can be applied to HR consulting projects. This includes exploring current-practice consulting methodologies and techniques, building and managing client relationships, developing report writing skills, and learning techniques for critically assessing consulting outcomes.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of consulting methodology and how consulting can assist in organizational decision making
- Apply a range of consulting skills and tools
- Understand and identify factors which contribute to a successful consulting project
- Design, conduct and evaluate consulting projects
- Identify methods for building and maintaining consulting relationships
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Problem solving skills, which should be enhanced through the study of consulting design and methods;
- Writing skills appropriate for the preparation of consulting reports;
- Analytical skills, which should be developed through the evaluation of empirical research and consulting reports; and
- Conducting research in an ethical manner.
Last updated: 26 March 2020