|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will give you an opportunity to assess and develop your general management knowledge and skills. We will focus on practical concepts and frameworks , and experiential learning interventions, to enhance your capacity for communication and decision making, for engaging and motivating individuals and teams, and for effectively dealing with conflict and change.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse and evaluate key competencies you need to become a more effective manager, including self-awareness, self-management, political acumen, networking, problem solving, motivating, collaboration, and conflict management
- Develop key competencies through practice-oriented activities such as scenarios, role plays, team activities, video presentations, reflective exercises.
- Critically analyse common managerial challenges and apply relevant model and theories to generate effective solutions
- Use evidence evidence-based research techniques to support your decision making, and competence development
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills, developed through reflection, case studies, experiential activities and assignments;
- Research skills developed through preparation of exercises and assessment;
- Verbal and written communication skills, developed through discussion, experiential activities and assessment; and
- Ethical thinking and work practice skills in management, through experiential activities and case studies.
Last updated: 26 March 2020