|Fees||Look up fees|
International Marketing Management provides students with an introduction to basic marketing concepts as they apply in an international context. More fundamentally, it discusses some of the most important topics facing both international marketing practitioners and academics. These include global marketing strategy, assessment of market opportunities, type of market entry, international product and brand, pricing, distribution and promotion policies. Students will experience all aspects of international marketing management first-hand by playing a simulation game throughout the semester.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Appreciate and evaluate some of the major analytical frameworks that form the basis of international marketing management;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of operating in the global marketplace;
- Critically evaluate some of the major debates occurring in the field of international marketing.
- An ability to synthesize and evaluate information, data and theories through an in-class presentation, an online simulation, and end-of-semester examination;
- Oral communication skills and critical thinking through a group presentation and class discussions;
- Business analytical skills, application of theory to practice, and team problem solving through analysis and management of marketing outcomes in an online simulation; and
- Written communication skills and collaborative learning through a group report.
Last updated: 10 November 2019