|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject expands on the knowledge and skills acquired in Design Realisation 3A allowing students to research and develop a project based on a specified theme and to realise an element of that project in accordance with their area of specialization. Students will have the opportunity to work intensively on a theoretical design culminating in a comprehensive design portfolio. Documentation from this portfolio will then be used to realise one or more costume, scenery or prop elements for the design.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to develop the students capacity to:
- Research and develop support materials pertinent to a specified subject to a defined standard.
- Present your design concept and produce renderings, models and technical drawings to communicate your ideas.
- Manage and execute the realisation of a designed element (costume, prop or set element) displaying a high degree of expertise.
- Document and exhibit the process to a defined standard.
- Document the process and reflect on the outcome.
At the conclusion of this subject students should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
• Research a design for a specified brief and arrive at a coherent, considered design concept.
• Express this concept in an imaginative, artistic manner using appropriate 2D, 3D, written and verbal communication skills.
• Plan and execute the realisation of one or more designed element.
Last updated: 2 December 2019