|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will be delivered in the form of an intensive design lab to facilitate the understanding and importance of collaboration with creative team members in the realisation of Performance Technology design concepts.
Each week students will work in collaborative teams (a lighting designer, audio designer and vision designer) to develop a Design Concept Document (DCD) from a provided stimulus (script, audio etc.). The students will be guided through the process of creating a (DCD) by VCA staff and professional designers and or weekly guest lecturers.
Each student group will produce a single unified Design Concept Document incorporating inspirational/aspirational audio, images and video to represent the design.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will introduce students to the development of collaborative and design skills in Performance Technology. Students will have a clear understanding of the integration of performance technology elements in a variety of contexts. This subject will also allow students to be able to demonstrate advanced skills in Audio, Lighting, and Vision technologies through directed peer and self-learning.
This subject aims to stimulate and educate students on the process and importance of collaboration and creation of Design Concept Documentation with creative team members. Students will be encouraged to further develop their collaborative skills such as communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving. Students should develop the process of creating design concepts to support their ideas.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
• Successfully collaborate with colleagues within the 3 modules;
• Produce work in an appropriate format that demonstrates analytical, research and professional communication skills;
• Develop time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads for recommended project completion;
• Explore capacities for artistic imagination, creativity, transformation and interpretation;
• Acquire skills in respect of critical analysis, problem solving, report writing, team work and oral and written communication.
Last updated: 2 December 2019