|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject introduces students to the use of the main translation-memory technologies, terminology tools, translation project-management programs and machine-translation postediting practices. Students will gain skills in the use of these technologies and will be able to assess critically their impact on cross-cultural communication, professional translation practice and additional-language teaching, where the technologies provide new learning environments. The practical activities can be carried out with any language paired with English, although demonstrations and examples will include the main European languages and Chinese.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Understand and use translation-memory software
- Postedit machine translation in a TM/MT environment
- Learn and critically evaluate new technologies
- Understand and participate in online teamwork translation projects
- The ability to communicate effectively;
- The ability to convey information appropriately and accurately; and
- The ability to apply knowledge in practice, research skills development.
Last updated: 10 November 2019