A Graduate Certificate in Arts allows you to complete a comprehensive six-month course of study in Anthropology. It is particularly useful if you are returning to tertiary study after time away from an academic environment.
Intended learning outcomes
Student who complete the Graduate Certificate in Arts in this specialisation should:
- Demonstrate an independent approach to knowledge that uses rigorous methods of inquiry and appropriate theories and methodologies that are applied with intellectual honesty and a respect for ethical values;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems within complex changing social contexts;
- Act as informed and critically discriminating participants within the community of scholars, as citizens and in the work force;
- Communicate effectively in a variety of written and oral formats;
- Commit to continuous learning; and
- Be proficient in the use of appropriate modern technologies, such as the computer and other information technology systems, for the acquisition, processing and interpretation of data.
Last updated: 12 November 2021