About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
within the last 5 years a University of Melbourne Bachelor of Oral Health with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%),
within the last 10 years a Bachelor of Oral Health with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent, and at least four years of documented relevant professional experience.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance, and
- the availability of supervision and resources in suitable project areas.
Quotas may be applied and preference may be given to applicants with evidence of appropriate preparation or potential to undertake research.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. For applicants who have not completed the Victorian Certificate of Education or the International Baccalaureate Diploma, the undergraduate English language requirements must be met.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
Completion of all subject components.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Oral Health (Degree with Honours) need to obtain a minimum of 65% for both the Research Project subject and the Advanced Coursework subject to pass the year
Where clinical research is to be undertaken, students will be required to have:
- current registration with the Dental Board of Australia, and
- a current license with the Victorian Radiation Safety Branch (or national equivalent), and
- credentialing for clinical dental practice with Dental Health Services Victoria.
Last updated: 12 February 2022