About this course
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Critically appraise educational research with an understanding of the methodologies underlying the particular study;
- Identify an issue in education as an investigable research project;
- Understand the range of research methodologies available, and their appropriateness to particular projects;
- Design a significant research project in education;
- Communicate and defend the research proposal to an audience in an appropriate way.
This course will develop the following set of generic skills:
- Critical reasoning and thinking in educational research
- Appraisal of education research debates and practices
- Evaluation and communication of education research and practice
The course will develop in students a commitment to research excellence in education, allowing them to develop a critical understanding of their discipline, the process of research, and their capacities as critical, creative, and ethical researchers.
Last updated: 11 February 2021