About this course
Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST/AEDT. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm AEST/AEDT.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Critically analyse and evaluate work contexts and task requirements, and autonomously plan, organise and adapt work accordingly.
- Demonstrate advanced conceptual knowledge in one or more disciplines associated with common workplace skills.
- Show skill in communicating and behaving in a professional manner in a variety of work environments, for different audiences and purposes
- Exercise judgement and responsibility to transmit relevant knowledge, skills and ideas in collaborative tasks, and demonstrate adaptability to unforeseen challenges.
- Creatively apply evaluative and analytical thinking and processes to collaboratively and independently develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrate responsibility and autonomy in gaining and evaluating feedback to inform personal learning and development.
Graduates of this course will be:
- Able to recognise the requirements of their work places and communities.
- Able to confidently articulate and utilise their knowledge and skills to meet the requirements and challenges of their work places and communities.
- Reflective and adaptable lifelong learners who critically evaluate alternative possibilities and viewpoints as they navigate their careers.
Last updated: 10 September 2021