About this course
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
- In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in clinical medicine; AND
- Hold current registration as a medical doctor with the relevant national or local registering body for medical practitioners in the student’s country of residence; AND
- At least one year of documented experience as a practising doctor.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
- In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Professional experience
- The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
- Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Completion of this course does not lead to qualifications required to work in psychiatry in Australia. You will need to meet the registration requirements outlined by the relevant medical council/registering body for you to continue to work as a doctor or specialist.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Objectives, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and the Disability Liaison Unit: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 6 May 2021