About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree with a major in a relevant discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent.
Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
- Quotas may be applied to the degree as a whole, or to individual disciplines, and preference may be given to applicants with evidence of appropriate preparation or potential to undertake research.
- Entry is subject to the capacity of a participating department to provide adequate supervision in a research project appropriate to the interests and preparation of the individual student and is subject to the agreement of an academic staff member to supervise the project.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 13 August 2022