About this course
Melbourne Business School
Currently enrolled students:
Degree Program Services
200 Leicester Street
Carlton Victoria 3053 Australia
Tel: 61 3 9349 8200
Academic Director: Dr. Simon Holcombe
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this course will be able to:
1. Identify appropriate data analytic techniques to address business problems.
2. Apply data analytic techniques to solve problems in a variety of business contexts.
3. Integrate the knowledge and skills acquired to conduct research in an industry setting.
4. Deal with ambiguity and uncertainty,
5. Communicate the results of technical analysis to non-technical audiences.
6. Work effectively in teams.
The learning outcomes listed will be achieved by the acquisition and application of the following knowledge and skill outcomes:
- Business functional areas
- a. Marketing
- b. Finance
- c. Accounting
- d. Economics
- e. Government Sector
- Data Warehousing
- Statistical literacy
- Data analysis
- Exploring, summarizing, reporting
- Data visualization
- Statistical models and estimation methodology
- Machine learning algorithms
- Optimization techniques
- Supply Chain
- Price optimisation
- Sales force allocation and planning optimization
- Marketing mix modeling
- Decision Analysis
- Computing and Programming skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
Last updated: 15 July 2021